Friday, January 28, 2011

Flaky, flakes.

What a family!  I love the snowkid, standing on his head!
The girls worked on these guys yesterday with Aunt Nanci and Uncle Tim!

Yesterday I got to stay in and do some much needed house cleaning to get ready for my bookclub to come over last night.  We had another awesome "meeting."  With lots of munchies, drinks and laughs, and oh yeah, the book we discussed was Ella Minnow Pea  by Mark Dunn.  I thought it was pretty creative and thought provoking, but feelings were mixed in the group.  Next month is Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls, March is Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand and April is Room by Emma Donoghue.

Now it's snowing again as I write this, although all the weather people say "Don't Panic!" and "Only a Dusting!" Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it from now on! And next week they promise another storm.  Sigh.  

Well, in case you and the kids are going crazy with all of this time off from school, here's a super simple snow flake craft.  

Here's what you need:  round paper coffee filters and scissors-phew, long list huh? 
Fold the coffee filters in half, then in half again, then in half again.
Give the kids the scissors and let them go to town!  (Just tell them not to cut the fold all the way off, and not to run)
Unfold and voila!
I hung them on the windows (just used a bunch of dabs of the glue stick)
and
taped them on a long piece of dental floss (I have a bunch of those little round containers from the dentist), we use the Reach Flossers so we don't need them,

and hung them on the wall.
Super easy and very festive!  If you wanted to be very fancy you could get out the water colors and let them paint rainbow flakes.
Hope you enjoy!
Happy Friday,
D


No comments:

Post a Comment