Each day this week parents provided treats for the teachers, flowers, chocolate, balloons and pastries. Tomorrow is my day to give them a treat! I've been wanting to do this project for a while-
- Canvas bag (I used the Medium size-14"w x 13"h x 3"d)
- Doilies (I used 10")
- Fabric paint
- Spray adhesive
- Spray the back of the doily with the spray adhesive and follow the instrustions for a TEMPORARY bond. I waited 4 mins before adhering.
- Put a couple of sheets of newspaper in the bag to prevent the paint from bleeding through.
- Position the doily on the corner of the bag and firmly press in place.
- Now the tricky part...I used a foam brush to paint over the doily and I tried to gently dab, or else it just bleeds through and under the doily, making a big, globby mess!
- After you paint all the way around, remove the doily, mine came up very easily. Let dry.
- For the initial, decide what size and font you want and print out the intial or cut freezer paper with a Cricut. I didn't do the whole freezer paper thing this time like I did here for the snowmen shirts, but I went old school and rubbed a pencil on the back of the printed letter, then positioned it on the bag and traced over the front of the letter, leaving a pencil line drawing of the letter on the bag.
- Then I painted in the letter, let it dry and I was finished!
This cool idea was not mine! I found it a long time ago here at under the sycamore.
Can't wait to give them away tomorrow!
Here are some other neat things for teacher appreciation:
Hope you find something that you can use to thank the teachers in your lives!